Your Holiday Finder
Cancellation Protection Scheme
2011/12 Cancellation & Curtailment Protection Scheme (CPS)
Our Cancellation Protection Scheme (CPS) which is included in the cost of your holiday automatically covers you when you book a cottage. It is essential that you read these details. The Scheme covers you for the full refund of the rent less a £60 administration charge and the £20 booking fee should you cancel your holiday for qualifying reasons covered by the scheme. Certification of any medical problem is required from your doctor. This should confirm that you are not well enough to take your holiday because of illness and that the condition was not known at the time of booking. For additional risks not covered by the plan you are advised to seek further cover.
The cover is valid only for cancellation of the whole holiday or in the case of curtailment, the proportion of your holiday not taken.
You are covered for:
- Death, illness, injury or compulsory quarantine of you or any member of your travelling party named on the booking or of any *relative or **close business associate as defined below (excluding pets).
- Disorganisation or disruption of any UK mainland public transport service due to strike, lock-out, riot or civil commotion on which you rely to reach your holiday home. Tickets required as proof of claim.
- You or any member of your travelling party being required to undertake jury service or appear as a witness at a court of law providing you have had your written request for an alternative date refused.
- Police requiring the presence of you or any member of your travelling party following fire or theft at your home or place of business.
- Accidental damage to your or any member of your travelling partys home, occurring within 14 days of the planned departure date or during the holiday and rendering the home uninhabitable.
- You or any member of your travelling party receiving notification of redundancy within two months of the holiday start date, which qualifies for statutory payment under current legislation.,
* Spouse, partner, child, parent, parent-in-law, brother, sister or fiancé(e)
** Co-Director or Business Partner
- Bookings from customers resident outside the UK.
- Any recurring, chronic, or continuing illness or condition and pre- existing medical conditions or injuries.
- Pregnancy or giving birth when the expected date of birth is within two months of the start of your holiday.
- Epidemic or pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation, Department of Health or DEFRA.
- Suicide or attempted suicide.
- Drug addiction or alcoholism.
- Failing to follow proper medical advice.
- Certain hazardous sports or pastimes (definition available on request).
- Travelling against medical advice.
- Divorce, separation or personal relationship breakdown.
If you have to cancel your holiday due to any of the circumstances shown, we will refund up to the cottage holiday rental you are liable to pay, less the £20 booking fee and a handling charge of £60 or in the event of curtailment, the remaining portion of your holiday, less the £20 booking fee and a handling charge of £60. The decision of Marsdens Cottage Holidays will be final in all cases.
If you do need to cancel your holiday, please contact Marsdens Cottage Holidays immediately on 01271 813777 and follow up by writing, within five days, to Marsdens House, The Square, Braunton, North Devon EX33 2JB. Supporting documentation e.g. doctors letter will be required.
If the reason for cancellation is not covered by the terms above, the holiday cost is payable in full. We would endeavour to re-let the booking and if successful would normally consider a goodwill refund of the cost of the holiday less the £20 booking fee (if applicable), a handling charge of £90 and any other reasonable costs incurred in remarketing the holiday. The deposit would not normally be refunded in such cases.