National Cream Tea Day
Published: Friday 26th Jun 2015
Written by: Gloria O'Connell
Today is the first #NationalCreamTeaDay. And surely worth celebrating and an excuse to indulge...
Here in Devon we always love a cream tea, such a delicious treat and obviously made the Devon way (cream first, then jam), although I'm sure our Cornish colleagues will disagree. You'll be pleased to hear that many of our holiday cottages also offer a cream tea in their welcome hampers.
And to help you out on #NationalCreamTeaDay, we've had a quick poll in the office and here are just a few of our favourite spots for a delicious cream tea around North Devon (in no particular order):
- Saunton Sands Hotel - Saunton
- Tea on the Green - Westward Ho!
- Watersmeet Tea Garden - Watersmeet, Lynmouth
- Hele Corn Mill & Tea Room - Hele Bay
- Docton Mill Tea Room & Gardens - Hartland
- The Pavillion Dining Room - Lynmouth