Published: Monday 29th Jun 2015
Written by: Sarah Dullaghan
In recent years, there has been something of a food revolution here in North Devon. With more new restaurants, bistros, local producers and street vendors all making fabulous dishes using fresh and local ingredients.
And now, we are delighted to once again sponsor the North Devon Street Food Awards, where the finest street food vendors in North Devon will be battling it out with an array of food to try and win the 'stomachs' of the judges and the public a coveted 'Maurice' trophy.
This fabulous foodie event will take place this year on Saturday 11th July, from midday on Ilfracombe seafront and is already promising a mouth watering array of different cuisines for everyone to sample from hot dogs, BBQ, Thai, Mexican, seafood, Caribbean and much more. It is also part of the All Things Morris weekend that will take place over the weekend so definitely a busy fun weekend in Ilfracombe.
Fancy visiting the Marsdens North Devon Street Food Awards
The good news is we've still got a selection of great apartments and holiday cottages available that weekend to book in Ilfracombe and the surrounding area. So why not check out these great holiday cottages...
1. Captains View This lovely one bedroom apartment with its stunning sea views has a 20% off discount for all holidays booked weeke commencing 10th July... MORE
2. Harbour Lookout In the heart of town, discover this fantastic one bedroom hideaway with its views over the rooftops towards the harbour and sea beyond... MORE
3. The Stables New for this Summer. This is a great detached one bedroom pet friendly barn cottage in a quiet residential area but still close to the town and harbour... MORE
4. Torrs Vale Apartment 5 This spacious 2 bedroom apartment, perfect for couples or a small family is currently offering 10% off breaks booked week commencing 11th July... MORE
5. No.6 Cove View A well presented three bedroom apartment, just a couple minutes walk from the seafront... MORE
6. Neptunes Cove With 20% off discount for all holidays taken w/c 10th July, this six bedroomed house (sleeping 12) offers a fantastic place to gather all family or to holiday with a group of friends... MORE
Alternatively, check out our website for other holiday cottages nearby HERE or call our reservations team on 01271 813777 for recommendations.